Mart is looking for a Studio Maintenance Assistant – CE Position
MART is an artist-led, not for profit arts organisation founded in 2007. Our mission is to provide creative art studios and promote contemporary art through an engaging curatorial programme. They are the largest supplier of independent, affordable space for the arts, cultural and creative community in Dublin city. They operate on a not for profit basis, meaning that all profits raised from studio rentals are in-invested back into our mission to develop and promote contemporary art. They now support over 120 members in seven studio buildings across Dublin. Check out www.mart.ie
Position: Studio Maintenance Assistant
Hours: 19.5/hr Per Week – as per CE Scheme.
Eligibility: Visit Community Employment Scheme Website for more details.
Role: You will join our Studio Maintenance team to help insure the sustainability of our studios.
- Repairs to our artist studios – Carpentry / DIY / Painting / Basic Construction / Gardening / Maintenance
- Working with artists in creating installations and sculptures in our galleries.
Desirable Skills: Carpentry, DIY, Reliability, Good Communication & Timekeeping, Own Initiative
Participants Achievement through scheme:
– Building confidence to re-enter the workforce
– Learning new skills through skill sharing amongst the team and general staff
– Creating a network of local tradesmen for perspective future work
– Assisting the not for profit to stay active in its responsibilities.
The aim of the CE position is to provide continuous learning over a 12-month period through problem solving and skill sharing. The position will allow participants who are unemployed gain experience working in a creative hub, studio and art gallery.
For information on Community Employment Schemes (CE Scheme):
Application & Closing Date: Apply with you CV and short email explaining why you would like the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26th 2017 at 6pm.